13 november 2006

Getting Things Done in a sales environment

I have recently read the best selling book by David Allan - 'Getting Things Done' and it a really brilliant book.

I have learned a lot from the book, and it has made me much more productive. One of the key things that it has helped me with is dividing my activities by the type, e.g.:
- At computer
- At office
- Phone calls

That ensures that I can be very productive and cluster the tasks so then I am ready to call customers I can focus on calling from the top of the list. I have found that it is even more productive if I sub divide my phone calls into
- Call
- Call - cold calls
- Call - opportunities

That gives me an increased focus on the cold calls, that I find needs a separate mindset and energy. At the same time when I have started on the cold calling don't what to think about which customers to call next - I just want to do it.

I have also made a category for my key opportunities at the same level as my projects. That means that I can go through each of my key opportunities each week and identify what I need to do to win the opportunity.

1 kommentar:

  1. Anonym22:41

    Hi Thomas,

    Looking forward to read your postings :D

    Looking at another blog I was guided to http://www.43folders.com/ which you might find interesting as it has a lot of info on GTD.

    Bjørk

    SvarSlet